VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GRRRRRRR Audacity Dropping Chunks Of Audio Recordings!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iannyc
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: GRRRRRRR Audacity Dropping Chunks Of Audio Recordings!! Reply with quote

I'm recording an audition for a video game-- There's four lines and I'm recording three takes of each-- so the whole audition takes about 2 minutes to record all my reads (will edit down later)

Well- now EVERY time I record for that long, either audacity, or the cables, or my computer, or SOMEthing, is causing huge chunks of audio to be dropped-- the effect is whole middles of sentences are vanishing without a trace!

Has anyone had this problem? Is it with audacity? Should I switch to twisted wave or something? Do I need a software update? So frustrated, help please!!

-I
iannyc
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update-- I tried the same recording with my twisted wave demo and it came out great, I just cant export without purchasing the program which i''m not ready to do until I comparison shop :/

I'm taking an e-class with Dan Friedman through edge studios this sunday, so I guess I can see what he says-- grrrrr!!!
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this guy a shot. It's essentially a free twisted wave.

https://www.ocenaudio.com/en/startpage

Here are some tutorials that'll help you get set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIjzmbsupUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeoTsdjAqo
samowry
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdaeley17, thanks.

Just started poking around with this and it is pretty straight forward and easy to use. Great look, nice set of tools and Punch and Roll! Don't see that all the time.

I will definitely pass this along.

Have a great day.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome, Sam! Definitely the easiest set-up and use of p&r i've found. And please, call me Sean!
iannyc
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Thankyou

I downloaded a trial of Adobe Audition, figuring I could do better click removal with it; how is The click removal capabilities with this software?

Thanks!!

-Ian
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Ian, I didn't know click removal was a requirement. This one doesn't have any audio restoration effects, I just thought it'd be an easy way for you to get recording again.

Look into Acon or Isotope RX.
vkuehn
DC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: How is click removal with Audition? Reply with quote

I have used Audition for years. Was puzzled/frustrated with click removal. It turns out I didn't know how to use it. Some Facebook groups steered me to other software for click removal. After some experience I came back to click removal in Audition and I am quite happy with it now. Audition is complex. Audition presents you with a steep learning curve on some issues.

Audition is my primary DAW. Use it to record and to edit. But I keep a copy of Studio One RX5 (the economy version) handy. Do some light-handed noise reduction passes in each software, and some light-handed click removal passes in each software. (I sense that being too aggressive in ANY single software can leave your precious audio looking like ground hamburger and shredded around the edges.)
samowry
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: