VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What works in music works in VO acting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: What works in music works in VO acting Reply with quote

One way to continue developing your craft. Below James Rhodes talks about playing music. Use this excerpt to help your acting.

“Arpeggios and scales are never necessary!” he insists. “In any piece there will be technical challenges that you can work on using the music itself. I also loathe doing scales and arpeggios, but hey, I’m looking at this Mozart concerto that’s sitting on my piano right now, and it’s filled with scales and arpeggios. If you’re working on a piece and achieving something, it’s a great way to learn. Find a piece you love, and work on it through the music.”

-James Rhodes
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to expand on that and really go in depth, pick up a copy of Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician Within by jazz great by Kenny Werner. It was recommended to me by Roberta Solomon. ( <---name drop)

In a nutshell, it gives you tools to break from being an intermediate level talent, who might be stuck in a career rut, to help become a master level talent.

Last edited by Dan-O on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: