VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Post Photos, Audio, and Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> READ ME FIRST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: How to Post Photos, Audio, and Video Reply with quote

How to add photos to your post:

- Upload the photo to your website or a picture sharing site like imgur.com.

- Copy the address (URL) for that photo’s location.

- Paste the URL into your post and then highlight it. Click the [img] BB button above.

- The VO-BB software will automatically put the correct symbols either side of your photo’s URL and the photo will appear when you finish entering your post.

If your photo is HUGE and distends this website, please delete the link, resize the photo (1,000 pixels is quite big enough), get a new link address and then post it.

How to post audio and video files:

We do not have the ability to embed audio and video files within posts. You’ll need to host your audio file somewhere else on the Web. A folder on your own website is a good place and so are hosting sites like soundcloud.com.

Copy the address (URL) for the audio clip. For instance:

https://soundcloud.com/bruce-miles/brucemiles-commercialdemo-2016

Then paste it into your message. It will look like the link above and clicking it will take a reader there on a new web page.

Now, if you want to show a title for your audio and not the whole link, here’s how you do that.

Copy the address for your audio clip. Paste it into your post. Highlight it.

There are BB buttons at the top of each message composition window. These will tag your item with the right code. Click URL and you'll see that it has done this to your message:

[url] https://soundcloud.com/bruce-miles/brucemiles-commercialdemo- 2016 [/url] *

Quote:
*To make the example readable here and not functional I have put unnecessary spaces in the examples. There should be no spaces in your links, except for the title, like the following:

To change it so it says: Bruce’s New Demo

Do this: delete the ] after the first “url” and replace it with an = sign. After the last number or letter of the URL address put a ] symbol. Then after that and before the [/url] type in your title, such as Bruce’s New Demo. If you highlight the title and click on the [ b ] BB button it will make the title bold, and if you highlight the title again and click the [ u ] BB button, your title will be bold and underlined. Again, you can do this with the BB buttons at the top of the composition window. It will look like this when you're done: [ url= https:/ /soundcloud .com/bruce -miles/brucemiles-commercialdemo- 2016] [ u ][ b ]Bruce’s New Demo[ /b ][ /u ][ /url]

But look like this once you've posted: Bruce's New Demo

Confused? Yeah, me too the first couple of times.

YouTube and Vimeo videos work the same way.

Bruce
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> READ ME FIRST All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: