VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vocalboothtogo Soundproofer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Vocalboothtogo Soundproofer Reply with quote

Does anybody have any experience with the www.vocalboothtogo.com "Soundproofer" model" ? It's their blanket booth coupled with a mass loaded vinyl layer. I'm wondering what kind of sound isolation it could provide? I still am in search of something for better isolation and this sounds pretty interesting. Also, they are a local company to me, which I always try to support when possible.

Thanks,

Paul
yarg28
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with those but they look pretty expensive and not at all small. Not sure that it's a good compromise when you could build something more effective for less money and in the same footprint.

The cheapest one that I saw was $2700? I can literally build 2 of my 4x6 booths for that. I'd imagine you could pay a contractor to build a solid one for not much difference in the retail on that Soundproofer.
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that offer their Soundproofer booths for rent. Since they are local to you, perhaps you could rent one first to see if it does what you want it to.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
yarg28
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Gordon wrote:
I notice that offer their Soundproofer booths for rent. Since they are local to you, perhaps you could rent one first to see if it does what you want it to.

now theres a good idea!
Jason Huggins
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to have some heavy MLV to even make a bit of difference. I highly doubt you could get enough density with some hanging MLV and padding to really be worth it. It all depends on what you want to block. MLV would make for one HEAVY "portable" booth Smile
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody.

Lee I have asked about renting before and they balked due to invetory stocks of this "new" product

Jason, even though this is marketed as a portable booth I'm not looking to move it around. Just interested based on the company being close to me and because I use their blankets now for room treatment

I'll keep investigating
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't understand is how they are marketing this as "new." Steven Jay Cohen included it in his blog series on Vocal Booths almost two years ago.

http://www.stevenjaycohen.com/2014/02/17/do-i-really-need-a-vocalbooth/
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You'd have to have some heavy MLV to even make a bit of difference

According to their site, the whole bundle is about 300 lbs. You guys would know better than me if that'd make a difference.
DenaliDave
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Buy PVC

2. Buy some of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Singer-Safety-Double-Quilted-Fiberglass/dp/B009LPT9SO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1467784272&sr=8-5&keywords=sound+proof+blanket

3. Get a grommet gun and zip ties

4. Throw this down on the floor if you want: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H6X4V7C?psc=1

5. Get some 12" x 12" acoustic foam squares and adhesive

6. Get an LED dome light and velcro strips

Build yourself a free-standing "vocal booth" ...

It might not look as fancy, but I think you'd cut down on sound quite a bit. Especially if you used an interior room of your home and worked on the acoustics of the room itself you set your makeshift vocal booth in. Put bass traps in the corners, treat doors/windows and walls.

A booth within a treated room might do really well. Smile
samowry
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a six pack of their panels for $150. $50 more than one of the fiber glass ones.

Here's the link to the whole line.

https://www.vocalboothtogo.com/product-category/acoustic-sound-blankets-for-sound-absorption-producers-choice/

I'd buy the blankets and figure my own frame.

Good thread, BTW.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Buy some of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Singer-Safety-Double-Quilted-Fiberglass/dp/B009LPT9SO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1467784272&sr=8-5&keywords=sound+proof+blanket

I was a little put off by the complaints about "Fiberglass shedding" and torn grommets.

A similar solution is the Isole from Audimute, made from all recycled materials!

http://www.audimutesoundproofing.com/search.aspx?keyword=isole

I know Jordan Reynolds, Joe J Thomas, and James Arnold Taylor are all fans of their products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: