VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Technical Question on NMS vox files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Technical Question on NMS vox files Reply with quote

OK, bear with me...

I'm doing an ongoing project that requires hundreds of NMS .vox files per month. The process is labor intensive in that it requires several different software programs to end up with the NMS .vox files (NOT Dialogic .vox).

I could record and edit in one software (Vox Studio), but I do not like the interface and it doesn't allow me to do the compression I use to optimize the sound for the really awful sample and bit rate that is utimately required.

So I record and save to NMS .vce files in one program and then convert using the Vox Studio. (I have to use the Vox Studio because the converter that comes free from NMS is DOS based and doesn't allow for the convoluted long file names).

My problem is that I add 1 second of silence to two places in each file. When I convert the files to .vox, I am finding an intermittent, but very regular audio "hit" in those areas where the silence was added.

Can I assume that the audio "hits" (sharp over modulated screeching sounds) are caused by this edit of the silence?

If so, what can I do about this issue, as it means a double layer of quality checking that I did not figure into the price. When I find a file with this problem, I have to go in and manually edit out the audio hit and that takes time.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Connie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can try another conversion program? Here's a link to a freeware converter.

This one is Windows based, so if you're on a Mac, then it won't be much help.

http://www.xentec.be/products/monovox/monovox.htm
Joe Whistler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops...forgot to sign in, and just realized your other conversion program is DOS, (haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet) so the Windows converter will run...but will it solve your problem? Only one way to find out!
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Monovox is DOS based Reply with quote

Joe,

Thanks for the reply. Monovox is the converter I mentioned. Unfortunately it only allows 8 character names and that won't work for the required file names.

Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: