VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VoiceBank or not ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:02 am    Post subject: VoiceBank or not ? Reply with quote

Postponed posting a demo on VoiceBank until I had something good enough.
Been wrestling with the idea of getting a demo produced by a top demo producer, but the cost has slowed me down.

Is this good enough to post on VoiceBank, or should I save up the money for a new professionally produced demo ?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cme20gmoi5te69c/Scott%20McDonald%20Demo%20May%202016.wav?dl=0

These are all from work.

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, you can't post something on voicebank as a user. It has to be put up by your agent. That being the case, why not just let your agent decide? Tell them you think you are ready, send it to them and ask what they think.

I'm fairly new to the business but my demo was professionally produced, and uses made up copy. I've gotten mixed reviews, but it was enough to land me several agents who were willing to put me on voicebank.

To my surprise, those agents also put up my audibook demos which were just dry reads I recorded myself in my own studio.

I personally like putting "real work" on a demo better, just wasn't an option for me at this point in my career.

I'm not really a coach or critic, but I can say about your demo it sounds great to me. Good delivery, and sound and put together well.
FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Thanks Paul Reply with quote

Thanks Paul for your feedback and kind words about the demo.

I do not have any agents at the moment. Was waiting to get a professional demo produced before attempting to get an agent.

Perhaps I was mixing posting on Voiceregistry and VoiceBank.

Anyway, this is the first step. Will dig more into VR and VB. Thanks!

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
paulstefano
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Paul Reply with quote

FinMac wrote:

Perhaps I was mixing posting on Voiceregistry and VoiceBank.

Yes, Voicre Registry is the user side. You can register with them yourself. Voicebank is the agent side. You can only appear on Voicebank when your agent submits you.

One way to possibly GET an agent is to be a platinum member on Voice Registry and participate in their weekly workouts. I know of one talent here on the VOBB that has landed 2 agents now by getting noticed on those workouts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: