VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

laptop suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fearlessfitz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: laptop suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I am looking for your suggestions on what type of laptop you've had luck with in recording. I have an Inspiron 1000 and cannot get it to work with my Mackie Spike or Alesis external USB soundcard mixer. The audio plays back with pops and snaps. Between Dell, Mackie, and Alesis support, we've come to the conclusion that the sound card chips are not compatible. So....I'm in the market for a laptop that can be used for my voiceover work. I have constructed a sound booth and want the portability that a laptop can afford. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mike
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an Apple PowerBook 15". It's got a 1.33GHz processor which only heats up when I'm doing major league compression in Pro Tools.

No down time, no viruses, no whatever-ware. It's my portable recording studio and occasional movie editing machine.

reliability=worth the cost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: