VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mike's Mics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I guess what I'm saying is.....Don't blame me if the C1 sucks! Wink

Mike, I based my decision not only on your shoot out, thanks again for that, but on the endorsement by several of the professionals on this board who profess the C1 to be their personal mic of choice. If it's good enough for real pros like them, it'll certainly be good enough for little ole me!

Mike wrote:
Will the C1 allow you to make decent recordings? Basically yes, dependant upon some of those variables (pre-amp, room etc.)

Right now I am using a dining room / other use room to do my recordings. With the SM58 I did'nt pick up too much room tone but then again, I've never really done a paid job using this set up. I am going to either build a sound proof box or some gobos or something, not quite sure what yet. I'm currently trying to find some decent foam at a decent price. My pre-amp is an M-audio MobilePre. Hope it holds up well with the new mic.

Thanks again Mike of Many Talents.
dscott
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: make do sound control Reply with quote

Sometimes I'll use a couple of sleeping bags unzipped and draped over a couple of tripod boom stands set up with the booms as T's to help control what the mic "hears"
Cheers!
Dave
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: make do sound control Reply with quote

dscott wrote:
Sometimes I'll use a couple of sleeping bags unzipped and draped over a couple of tripod boom stands set up with the booms as T's to help control what the mic "hears"
Cheers!
Dave

Now there's a creative solution!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: