VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinions on Updated Commercial demo and Promo demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDNitro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Opinions on Updated Commercial demo and Promo demo Reply with quote

Hey guys and gals,
I’m back for some more thought and opinions, everyone has had great input in the past. I have an updated and rearranged Commercial demo and a Promo Demo and I would love to hear thoughts on. I've included a link to the original Commercial demo, the updated Commercial demo and the Promo demo. I know the Commercial demos are a tad long but not sure if I want to shorten them yet or not. I’m open to all roasting’s, thoughts, and ideas. Smile Thanks everyone!

Thanks
Jeremi Tigue

https://soundcloud.com/jeremitigue/jeremi-tigue-commercial-demo

https://soundcloud.com/jeremitigue/jeremi-tigue-commercial-demo-updated

https://soundcloud.com/jeremitigue/jeremi-tigue-promo-demo-2014
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeremi! First of all, I think you are quite talented. Your read is conversational and authentic.

I think both commercial demos are too long and slow. I personally liked your first demo better than your updated one. Lose the partner read with the other guy. I'm a huge advocate for having a partner read on the demo, but the partner should be the opposite sex. Same sex reads make it hard to concentrate on who is who.

Didn't love the promo demo. Nothing sounds authentic. Sounds like a demo produced by someone who has no idea what today's promos are all about. The music sounds library rather than true to the programming. Just didn't wow me.

B
SDNitro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, Its great to hear what other peoples takes are, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I was thinking they were a little long too, as for the slower pacing what feels off to you, the scripts or the production? This tells me how I need to tweak and change things over a large sampling. Cause some people will love your work and some just wont care for it and I aim for the middle since you cant always please everyone.

Thanks
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDNitro wrote:
I was thinking they were a little long too, as for the slower pacing what feels off to you, the scripts or the production?

I will tell you that if you ask 20 different people to critique your demo, you will get 20 different ways to change your life. This can make you go nuts.

I would say take a listen to the demos from these agents:
http://www.voicebank.net/cabinet/agencyfolder.do?path=%2f3705%2fcabinet%2fpublicaudio%2fCommercial%2fMen

http://www.voicebank.net/cabinet/agencyfolder.do?path=%2f1589%2fcabinet%2fpublicaudio%2fActors+-+Commercial

http://www.voicebank.net/cabinet/agencyfolder.do?path=%2f1592%2fcabinet%2fpublicaudio%2fCommercial%2fMen

Compare the quality of production and pace to these vo actor's demos. That should demonstrate far better than I could explain. Wink
SDNitro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How true that is. Thanks Bob. Ill take a listen to the links you sent.

Thanks
Jeremi
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long time ago I sent a copy of my VO demo to an agent in London. I wanted them to say yes or no to representing me. Whilst they said no eventually they also gave me feedback, negative feedback. Every piece of work on the demo was audio from a paying job, money, proper bill paying money, money from which they derived no income.

I respect their right to say no and have never thought badly of them but their opinion of my work didn't stack up based on the evidence. There are two agents in the UK either of whom considered to be THE agent and I am with one of them. My first job from my agent paid enough to clear my mortgage.

Here's my point. Make a demo designed to produce the job that will make a difference not one that will get you applause from other VO people.

My opinion of your demo can be summed up thus "another invalueless opinion".
SDNitro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Philip, I don't want to get stuck in a feel of trying to produce a demo to catch worthiness of other VO people but to capture their personal experiences in their niche to possibly come up with a best outcome I think will fit the overall demo. Thus in return catching eye of the right agent at the right time as my past agents. In the end I ultimately want to empress the client and to do what I love. Smile
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep thinking like that and you'll be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: