VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney and Pixar Sings Let it Go

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Disney and Pixar Sings Let it Go Reply with quote

Although I have been a long time lurker and learner who has not posted much, I thought I would share this local college kid's video that is going viral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbPszSt5Pc

Dale
Down on the Poor Farm

OK, OK I know- where's the Llama shovel?
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to have you step up and participate, but with a non-voiceover related video?

Personal opinion only: Having seen some of the best mimics ever do spot-on impersonations, I wonder how this video got 6 million views in just 5 days. Then I realized it's being viewed by a lot of folks who haven't lived long enough to see the great impersonators. Eh, enjoy it kids... and stay off my lawn.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's no Rich Little (whom I've been blessed to see, best birthday present ever) or Jim Meskimen, but it's still impressive in some ways, such as the Jim Cummings characters (Pooh, Tigger, Pete)

And he's the only man I've seen do a spot-on Minnie Mouse, let alone sing it.

However, like many youtube videos, I feel like you wouldn't recognize half the characters if you didn't have a picture and subtitle displayed with each impression.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's no Rich Little (whom I've been blessed to see, best birthday present ever) or Jim Meskimen, but it's still impressive in some ways, such as the Jim Cummings characters (Pooh, Tigger, Pete)

And he's the only man I've seen do a spot-on Minnie Mouse, let alone sing it.

However, like many youtube videos, I feel like you wouldn't recognize half the characters if you didn't have a picture and subtitle displayed with each impression.
DGates
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
It's nice to have you step up and participate, but with a non-voiceover related video?

Personal opinion only: Having seen some of the best mimics ever do spot-on impersonations, I wonder how this video got 6 million views in just 5 days. Then I realized it's being viewed by a lot of folks who haven't lived long enough to see the great impersonators.

The kid's only 20. I'm sure the great impersonators of the past were once unpolished newbies as well.

And there are many here that do comic voices for VO work, so I think it's relevant to post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: