VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BOB BERGEN'S VO GROUP THERAPY San Francisco - MARCH 29/30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: BOB BERGEN'S VO GROUP THERAPY San Francisco - MARCH 29/30 Reply with quote

Hi all!

I'm bringing my VO Group Therapy weekend seminar to the Bay Area for the first time March 29/30, 2014. Space is limited!!!

Booking info: VO Group Therapy

Article from previous VO Group Therapy seminar:
http://www.toonzone.net/2013/11/weekend-bob-bergens-voiceover-group-therapy-seminar/#.UngNxiesklR

What is VO Group Therapy??

The purpose of this workshop is to take your vo career to the next level. With each participant, I/we will discuss your past and current career and business strategies and experiences, confronting mistakes and building upon productive and smart decisions and strategies. My goal is for everyone to leave the weekend with a more specific and strategic game plan, so you can tangibly connect the dots of your career and move forward in ways and to a level you never thought of or realized. Beginners will learn from mistakes and successes of more advanced actors. Veterans will confront mistakes, reasons and perhaps excuses as to why their career has either stayed dormant or not grown beyond a certain level. It will be a weekend of honesty and specifics. There are reasons why people are successful. There are reasons why most are not. There are common denominators with successful people in all businesses. And often there’s an elephant in the room of your career that no one, including you, has had the guts to point out and confront. We will have fun!! But we will also be productive.

1) What to think about: Well, what do you want out of your vo career? What are your goals? Whom have you worked with? What have you worked on? Which ad agencies? Got an agent? Who are they? What have they done for you? What haven’t they done for you? What do you think they should do for you? Don’t have an agent? What do you want from an agent? Where have you studied? What did you get out of it? What didn’t you get out of it? Who are your VO heroes? Whom do you look up to? Who has the VO career you want? Why? What companies or products do you see your voice being right for? Which genres of vo do you see yourself working? What ARE the genres of vo? Whom do you admire in each genre? What did they do to get there? What have I left out of this list of things to think about????????
2) What to bring: EVERYTHING! First of all, bring something to take notes. Bring any and all marketing materials. We will be looking at websites and listening to demos, both from students in the class as well as other working voice actors. Bring any and all promotional campaigns you’ve done. Bring a list of everyone you’ve ever studied with, auditioned for, or worked with. Bring a list of fellow and former students you’ve studied with. Has their career gone further than yours? Why?? Bring a list of where you want to work, and where you want your career to go. You cannot bring too much to this class! Bring contracts, both work or agent contracts. AND, don’t worry about what you DON’T have to bring!! Some of you have nothing to bring. Some of you will think of nothing today, but over the next few weeks will think of a zillion things. Again, everyone will learn from everyone. This is “VO Group Therapy.” A place where all will benefit from all.

My goal is that you leave the weekend with a road map of tangible goals. For me, there aren’t enough hours in the day to do all I need/want to do for my career. You should never say to anyone, “It’s been slow for my VO career.” It’s never slow IF you have a specific and strategic game plan. I believe that most voice actors haven’t scratched the surface of all they can do for their career. Success in anything takes a game plan. It also takes risk and gamble. And, it takes honesty. You have to want this more than everyone else. And, you have to be willing to DO more than everyone else. One thing you have going for you is, you are the only YOU pursuing vo. You are the CEO, accountant, publicist, talent, product, creative director, etc., of a vo company and brand called YOU. You just have to figure out who and what YOU are, what you want out of YOU, where YOU fit into the marketplace, and how to specifically and strategically take YOU where you want your vo career to go.
JBurgess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't get my accepted into the Volunteer Program for GDC, I'm going to do my best to make this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: