VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Situps, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go check out Body For Life. Six days of exercise, and is pretty easy if you keep it up. At 245lbs, 8% body fat, I had the California body for about three years, then I got married and got on Andy's crunching chips plan. Now I've earned the flabby Virginian body.

When you do the crunches, try taking in lots of air using the the bottom of your diaphragm, then let it out through your lips slowly as if you were whistling. It keeps your diaphragm straight, helps even the muscles so it's a uniform burn and generally aids in making you pass out if you don't exhale fast enough....

Kevin
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgenus wrote:
it's a uniform burn and generally aids in making you pass out if you don't exhale fast enough.
Kevin

Cool~! With exercise like this, who needs liquor?
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB, et al;

I also do the "bad habit' of smoking. Something I can't yet break. Tried once, nearly killed me, so I maintain my "girlsih figure" as best I can and smoke once in a while.
FF
billelder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

I admire a swimmer. I admire your swimming. I did the "swim three days a week" deal for a year (as well as my running) and really enjoyed it. The problem was having to drive and meet someone at the pool that didn't work out time wise. (I live in a small town and we'd be the only ones there.) It's a great workout. Especially all the coughing I'd do when I'd almost drown. And those hallucinations you have right before you cross over are pretty cool!
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit smoking in 1971... (a long story). I wouldn't be in this business if I had continued. My son (in med school) says that smoking, coupled with my occasional bronchitis, would have given him the chance to cask in my insurance policy years ago. Smile
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
kitstern
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another swimmer. It really helps with the body and mind. I put my earplugs in and soon it's just the water and the rhythm of my body moving and my mind shuts off. Wonderful. I get some really good ideas when I'm swimming, but I usually forget them. I've done a Pilates/Yoga class in the water and I like that too. I'm about to try a water aerobics class because I need someone to push me out of my nice, deconditioned comfort zone.

Speaking of scotch (we were at some point, right?), I love single malt. I don't usually swim in it unless I'm having a REALLY bad day.

And I agree with whoever said don't aim for the perfect voice. The less perfect I am the more jobs I get. Not with narration though.

http://www.kitziestern.com/
billelder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Standing up Reply with quote

Besides exercise, one thing I did here at home to help with breath was to make my work area "Stand Up." The last three years of my radio show were done that way and I really enjoyed it. After that, sitting was just not the same. Oh, I do have a stool that I can use if needed. Just my $.02.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: