VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buy-out production library

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Buy-out production library Reply with quote

I don't seem to be able to find again a mention on the board several weeks ago by someone about a recommendation on a production library. Whoever made the post back then could you please let me know? Any other recommendations on production libraries?

Best,
Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
Chuck Davis
M&M

Location: Where I love to be...Between the Vineyards and the Cows.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had great luck with the Digital Juice "BackTraxx" Librarys. Good selection of styles, all royalty free. www.digitaljuice.com

For edgy-er stuff, AV-Deli still has some close-out stock too. Most are ment for Rock or Alternative radio imaging though.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of AV-Deli - they're going out of business, be sure to find out about the licensing. I'm using libraries from Slynth and Sound Ideas. If you're interested in hearing the Slynth libs, I can set up a temporary account for a week, let me know.
Chuck Davis
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Slynth work? Didn't get a whole lot from the quick look I took.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a yearly licensing fee. I am licensed for radio and internet use only. You login, select search criteria and audition the audio, you can download WAV and/or MP3 as well. It's a really nice system and they've just employed the web interface. Updates are monthly.

Kevin
Gjoy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Music Library leads Reply with quote

Got a couple music library leads. Fresh Music Library, www.freshmusic.com. Sells packages, and it's royalty free.
Bob's Music Cafe - www.BobsMusicCafe.com

I'm sure I got a few others book marked somewheres too.

I use the Fresh Music, nice variety of stuff. From production elements, things that pop and buzz, nice breakdown of music online to check it out first hand, see if you like it. You can buy a package, and add to it later. Their packages aren't bad either. And like I said, royalty free.

I think they offer better packages than Bob's. Just got Bob's flyer today. So, that's more of a 'here ya go bucko, a lead that might be fun' From experience though, the thing I like about the Fresh Music, is they give you an extended play for corporate work, then shorties for radio, a 60 and a 30. Sometimes they even add another version, which is sans melody, just the underscore. Lots of flexibility.

Also comes with written mateerials with good adjectives drescribing the feel of the music, and good breakdown targeting the style, instruments etc., as well as a master cd that you can use to search, if you prefer not to play with all the hardcopy they send you in a binder.

Gary.
donrandall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.flyinghands.com

You can sample their stuff online, so your not buying anything in the blind.

Good price, good variety, high quality.
Gp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: buy out Reply with quote

There are sometimes some pretty good deals on e-bay. I've purchased one good set and some cheapies......there is some not so good stuff on there too.

Gp
I can point you to some of the stuff that is junk if you want me to.
Just write me
Dave_Onefourone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: HOT OUT OF THE OVEN!! Reply with quote

I've been really happy with http://www.musicbakery.com/TabMusicDownloadsWAV.htm

They're much like Flying Hands where you can sample their material online and know what you're getting. They're a few more bucks, but decent quality stuff.
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeplay music have a fairly extensive library of downloadable Mp3/AAC files in full and broadcast lengths. They have a unique licensing system which allows free use in certain applications.

http://www.freeplaymusic.com/

Maiku.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
Chuck Davis
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be SUPER CAREFUL and read the terms of use on Freeplay music.com.

When they first started out a client of mine suggested I use some their stuff in some radio productions. I checked out some samples..and then read the terms. Pricy...not "free" for radio. Told the client I would not use..and to tell any of his other producer/vendors to sterr clear..it ain't free.

About 8 months later the Entercom legal dept recieved notice of an action by the Freeplay folks that named quite a few Entercom properties...including the one I work for in Boston...Even though we had never aired any of their material. I guess we were included since I had registered on their site and listened to some samples. Everythings digitally watermarked so they can track any use of their music.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.radio-mall.com/production_music.htm

The Radio Mall is another good source for production music, sfx and a whole heap of other stuff. You can pick from a goodly selection.

The Mussel Shoals Magic set is a terrific dollar value, the quality is quite good, even if slightly dated - so who cares, it ain't supposed to be today's hit music - it's production music.

If you call on the phone kinda early, you can catch dave while he's still in his jammies drinkin' coffee. Workin' from home sure is cool, eh?
Micazon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: production libraries Reply with quote

Dave Dworkin is at www.radio-mall.com and he's a good guy with which to work. Also, try www.sound-ideas.com and a site with those products but sold by another called www.prosoundeffects.com which gives a nice discount from regular sound-ideas prices. BTW, does anyone know the name of the Canadian vo guy on the sound-ideas site? Good set o'pipes.
imaginator
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought and use several of the sound ideas "mix" packages and a few discs from hollywood edge, but there are times when such a relatively small library just doesn't have what i need...on the few times i get to do all the production.

for those jobs, i sometimes go online and buy music by the cut for download. three of my favorites so far include the aforementioned music bakery, another called d.a.w.n. music (i forget what the letters stand for), and sounddogs.com.

these sites let you set your style perameters, then offer you ideas from their licensed libraries which can be auditioned free and then paid for by credit card for instant download. at least one of them has the sound ideas stuff...and more different packages than just the three of theirs i have here in the studio.
Rowell Gormon's Clogged Blog - http://voices2go.com/blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: