VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infant modeling...anyone know the basics or where I can find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Infant modeling...anyone know the basics or where I can find Reply with quote

some quick overview without going to some seminar?
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candy Ford has some info you can order:

http://www.candyford.com/wanttomodel.htm
J

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Infant model Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
Candy Ford has some info you can order:

http://www.candyford.com/wanttomodel.htm

Thanks but no info here...just an order form to buy info..I just need a quick overview right away.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet you look great... However, since you can use the computer - I don't know if your intelligence level will set you apart from the other children...

Here is the brief Mini-Seminar:
I would suggest you start with a local talent agency. Getting into the "big leagues" is a different animal which can require quite a committment on your part.

Some of the basics are:
How attatched is the infant to the parent?
How well does the infant deal with adults other than the parent handling him/her?
How does the parent feel about letting the child be touched and handled by others?

Now: Get some great pictures of your childs different moods and styles. Have them ready for an Agent to review, and start marketing.

Making phone calls, sending emails, doing the follow-ups, etc...

You are the Parent and Designated Driver. In some ways you will also be the Agent. Can you remain calm when your child starts to cry or gets frustrated? How about when the child needs to be changed in the middle of a set-shot and the Photog or Director is screaming; "Get this kid away from me, I'll never work with children again..."?

Children are cute for a short period of time, and their ability to be on-screen/on-set is also limited by the age of the child.

Are you sure YOU are ready for this? If so, get a good Agent in a Medium to large market - and good luck.

Frank F

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank F wrote:
I would bet you look great... However, since you can use the computer - I don't know if your intelligence level will set you apart from the other children...

Here is the brief Mini-Seminar:
I would suggest you start with a local talent agency. Getting into the "big leagues" is a different animal which can require quite a committment on your part.

Some of the basics are:
How attatched is the infant to the parent?
How well does the infant deal with adults other than the parent handling him/her?
How does the parent feel about letting the child be touched and handled by others?

Now: Get some great pictures of your childs different moods and styles. Have them ready for an Agent to review, and start marketing.

Making phone calls, sending emails, doing the follow-ups, etc...

You are the Parent and Designated Driver. In some ways you will also be the Agent. Can you remain calm when your child starts to cry or gets frustrated? How about when the child needs to be changed in the middle of a set-shot and the Photog or Director is screaming; "Get this kid away from me, I'll never work with children again..."?

Children are cute for a short period of time, and their ability to be on-screen/on-set is also limited by the age of the child.

Are you sure YOU are ready for this? If so, get a good Agent in a Medium to large market - and good luck.

Frank F

Thanks Frank!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: