VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another signal chain question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
verbcrunch
Contributor III

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mackie Onyx is the mixer i'd get if i was gonna get a mixer! What sold me on that board is the ability to bypass the EQ circuitry if you don't need it. Most boards run their signals through all the modules with no ability to bypass.

I do have a Mackie 1202 VLZ that's still in use elsewhere - a solid 10 year run, and still indispensable for what it does (although i wouldn't consider using the mic pres on the 1202 for anything critical.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jowillie
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone using the Tascam US-122 interface? It may be only USB 1.1, but I have heard some incredible production for national ads run through them(<$149) It is being replaced with the Tascam US-244 USB 2.0.
I agree with the available versatility of using a mixer if different elements are brought into a mix. If you read between the lines in the instruction manuals of your preamps and vocal strips, they caution against too many factors influencing the signal between the mic and final input.
For example, a friend of mine was running line-out from his preamp/vocal strip combo into the line-in on his mix board and couldn't understand why he had to clean up a noisy signal in post-edit. He discovered he wasn't matching the exact impedance between the two units. He by-passed the mixer and went straight into the interface and it sounds fine.
(But please don't take my word as I am technically challenged.)
Willie E.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: