VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Help Please! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is an audio converter made that will allow me to convert .mp3 files to .wma BUT as mono at 128kbps?

I have downloaded a couple of them but so far 2 don't work (say they've done the job but then the file isn't actually converted!) and the others only allow me to convert to .wma at the 128kbps rate in stereo. My client requires that the files be rather small as there's quite a few of them and converting to the .wma in stereo makes them larger than they need.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Best,

Deb

Confused
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although they're not strictly converters, Sound Forge and Adobe Audition 1.5 supports this as well. You can find some Shareware products here.

Hope that helps!

Kevin
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually have a multi part situation here. First, do you record your files in stereo? And, what software do you use for recording?

Now, start recording in mono or at least save your original product in mono. Then play your original file in Windows Media Player. Using WMP you can save the file as a .wma. If the file is mono, it will be saved as a mono file; if the file is stereo, it will be saved as a stereo file.

This is the easiest way to "convert" a file if you are not familiar with your software. However, you mentioned that your client wants this as small as possible.

Frank F
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't figure out how to do that in Cool Edit a while back so I downloaded Windows Media Encoder from Microsoft and it converts files to .wma.
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you all heaps for your assistance.

I use CEP2 but it only allows me to convert to the .wma format at 48kbps which I think is pretty horrid quality. I have been searching for a plug-in that might give me a better quality option but I can't find anything out there.

I'll check out the option of the windows media converter - thanks Elaine - it's worth a try. Smile

Cheers everyone,
Deb
donrandall

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Goldwave as my editing program - it has a converter that works easily and well. If I remember correctly, it does not come with the program as a standard feature because licensing it would cost the Goldwave people a bunch of money - so, they have their program designed to accept plug ins. They recommend downloading the RazorLame converter. If you have the MusicMatch Juke Box player, it also has a user friendly converter that works quite well.

Just type "Goldwave" into your search engine and you can get to their site, once there you can click on their forums and look around. You may find out what you wanna know. Goldwave works well and does not require a second mortgage, downloads quickly, all updates are free and it comes with some decent basic often used features. You can try it out for free for a while to see if you like it.

You can find Razor Lame the same way, it is absolutely free of charge and works easily and well as a stand alone program.
Debbie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: razor Reply with quote

Hi Don,

Thank you, i'll check that one out. Nothing to lose as I've downloaded heaps so far (thank goodness for free trials huh) and i'm still looking.

Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: