VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phone Patch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joniv
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Phone Patch Reply with quote

I think I may be over-simplifying this and was hoping you all could set me straight.

I've read several past posts about the use of a phone patch. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why can't you just use a head set with a regular or cell phone and for play back put it by the speaker? One of you had also suggested using a regular speaker phone. Won't these suggestions do the same thing as a phone patch unit?

Constantly Confused in CT,
Joni
dhouston67
VO-BB Intarwebz Glossary Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joni,

All those solutions and more have been suggested, and even used in some cases, by members here. The idea behind using a dedicated phone patch is that you have more control over the level and quality of the audio being sent back through your phone line. If the lower-tech (and lower-cost) solutions work for both you and the client, then by all means go with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headset vs Phone patch? Try playing something back over a headset and sounding professional while you do it. (Did that come out really sarcastic? It wasn't meant to be that harsh. Smile )
verbcrunch
Contributor III

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the client to hear the mic, not the phone's mouthpiece. Cheapest hardware solution I know of comes from JK Audio products - i have this little box, it works fine if you have a mixing board:

http://www.jkaudio.com/that-1.htm

They also make a unit that'll let you do a phone patch - plugging directly into your cell phone.

Or you could always rip apart and modify an old answering machine !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: