VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sarah Vowell anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Sarah Vowell anyone? Reply with quote

May be old news to some, but the voice of Violet - the teen daughter in The Incrdibles, is making her book promo swing. (I got her autograph!)

Her book is NOT about voices or anything similar, and much of her talk Q/A is not as well. (But if you go, then you can ask her yourself!)

If you've not seen The Incredibles, I suggest it. Very funny! But, I thought that the voice casting director earned their $$ by casting such well rounded voiceover people, especially Violet! I had no idea of who she was before, but thought it was an excellent choice. Perfect young, low self-esteemed girl who finds herself. (No, I didn't ruin it for those of you that haven't seen it!)

If Sarah swings through your town, I suggest you go see her read from her book. What a natural voice. But more importantly, you'll be swept up by her natural charm and REAL personality. Very humble & sweet.

Funny incident. While she was waiting to read from her book, the video & soundtrack of Incrdibles was playing, and nobody knew how to shut it off. She finally rolled her eyes and said "I'm waiting for myself to shut-up so I can talk".
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a regular on NPR's This American Life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: