VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Client wants to pay with credit card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voicejones
Contributor III

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Client wants to pay with credit card Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a client for which I'm going to do a narration. The client is a large government organization and can only pay me with a credit card. I don't have an account by which I can receive credit card payment. It's way to expensive and would not be cost effective to set one up. I'm looking for a way to make this work. Help!

JJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
billelder

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use PayPal for all my credit card customers. Works great for me.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal is one of the many ways... What do you consider "... way too expensive"? IF you are setting up business and you can possibly get more work by offering this option to pay bills, what is it worth to you?

A Small Business Merchant Account will cost about $285.00 USD to set-up and approximately 3% to 4% for transaction fees, plus maintance fees of around $15.00/month.

PayPal is basically FREE, with just the transaction fees applied.

PayPal a great way to accept credit cards, without having a Merchant Account. There are several other ways to this but as Bill said, go PayPal...

I have both a PayPal account AND a Merchant Account - why? Because some clients prefer not to do the PayPal concept. I also own other businsses which allow me to easily pay the fees associated with the Merchant Account.

the choice is yours.

frank f

Last edited by Frank F on Tue May 10, 2005 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmysVoice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo what these good fellows have said, with an additional suggestion - because as secure as Pay Pal is, there are those unscrupulous types skulking around who may try and abuse the system...

My husband and I set up a seperate bank account - strictly for transient transactions - Pay Pal payments, funds to cover internet purchases, etc.... into and out of which we can transfer money in a flash... this way, if somebody does hack our account number and try to dip in, they'll come up seriously disappointed! >^_^<
Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal is how I do it. Just did a gig over the weekend where the client paid with CC. The fee is a little over 3%. You can either eat the fee as a busness cost, or inform your client that's your handling fee for using cards. For smaller jobs I insist the customer cover the fee.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. Get a separate account at a local bank. PayPal's cool. Plus, when I've used studios while away from my home-base and when I've paid writers for content (I found it particularly useful to pay for services when I acquired some literary content that I narrated) outside the U.S., PayPal worked like a charm. I like their accounts payable/accounts receivable features.

CC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: