VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noise being introduced - base dB higher than it used to be

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Noise being introduced - base dB higher than it used to be Reply with quote

Hi there,

Trying to trouble shoot a sudden increase in base dB. Bear with me here - as I am not a technical person when it comes to audio engineering.

My system used to have a base line dB of about -69 or so - now suddenly I have about a -37 dB. I have not changed anything on the hardware side that I can pinpoint that precipitated this change. You can see the normal one pixel line on the Audition software has become a large band.

My system is a decent sound card in a Dell - a Mackie mixer, a Gentner phone patch, an AKG 3000 and 1000 mic, Altec Lansing speakers. That has not changed.

No new power cords have been added. The only thing that has changed is some software. It "appeared" to begin after installing some collaborative software that I ended up uninstalling after the "demonstration" - but that could be a coincidence?

I changed the power cord to a new, "better" surge and noise strip to see if that helped - nope. I vacuumed the Mackie and plugged and unplugged all the cords - no change. It is still giving me that background noise that didn't used to be there.

In fact, the dB stays the same even when the Mackie is turned off and no signal from the mic is on.

Any ideas?
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Hmmm - may have solved the problem Reply with quote

A bit too fast on the old keyboard with that question - I think my main software audio recording settings got bumped up somehow and that was the main culprit. I lowered the gain there and bumped up the gain on my Mackie and it appears to have solved the problem.

Doh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: