VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiger troubles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmysVoice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Tiger troubles Reply with quote

Hey fellow Mac users -

I've been hearing from various sources that OSX.4 and Pro Tools don't play well together. Also, if you've updraded, you can't simply uninstall to get back to OSX.3 (Panther) - you have to reinstall everything from scratch... yeeesh!

Apparently, they are working on the incompatability problem, but it may be a couple of months before all the bugs are worked out.....
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiger troubles Reply with quote

AmysVoice wrote:
Hey fellow Mac users -

I've been hearing from various sources that OSX.4 and Pro Tools don't play well together. Also, if you've updraded, you can't simply uninstall to get back to OSX.3 (Panther) - you have to reinstall everything from scratch... yeeesh!

Apparently, they are working on the incompatability problem, but it may be a couple of months before all the bugs are worked out.....

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the heads-up on Tiger. I was just reading this morning's Houston Chronicle (Dr. Mac - Bob Vitas) and he said its ALWAYS a good idea to wait a couple of months before upgrading an OS. Conflicts are bound to occur so why not let the early adopters clear the path. Especially when involving critical applications that play a key role in helping us earn a living.

Dave
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always check compatibility with Digidesign. There are constant updates and news at the DigiDesign Users Conference.

To find the info you need, click on the forum that specifically addresses your hardware. They also post links to PT software upgrades.
AmysVoice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiger troubles Reply with quote

You're more than welcome, Dave.

I was going to wait to pick up one of the Mini's until they'd started loading them with Tiger, but have reconsidered that decision in light of recent news!

Has Dr. Mac offered any advice along these lines?

>^_^<
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy (and all loyal Mac users),

Here's a link (below) to the column "Dr. Mac" ... and it also has links (at the bottom of the page) to past articles. Great reading for Apple folk!

As for the MiniMac...I don't recall for sure if he has weighed in on it yet. (there may be an article in the archive section). I could be tempted myself BUT (FWIW) there is absolute no way to upgrade so make sure you get what you want out the of box if you go that route.

Happy mac'n

http://www.macobserver.com/columns/rantsandraves/2005/20050429.shtml

You can also read his column in the Houston Chronicle each week at: http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/tech/weekly/3165288
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: