VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handheld 44,100Hz, 16-bit, Stereo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
COURVO
Even Taller Than He Seems On TV

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Handheld 44,100Hz, 16-bit, Stereo Reply with quote

My cell phone of 3.5 years finally died.

When I started searching for a new one, well....amazing what's out there.

'Ended up with this:

Sprint's (Embarq's) PPC 6700. Verizon and Cingular sell a similar version. It's made by AudioVox or UTStarcom. See review HERE

Anyway -- this puppy's full-featured alright....but what blew me away is that it records sound at 44,100Hz, 16 bit, Stereo, all the way down to 8,000Hz, 8-bit, mono.

Now, granted, it's got a lousy mic, but conceivably, I could record a demo on the spot and e-mail it within minutes.

It's not the perfect gizmo...and I grew up in a day when a reel-to-reel tape recorder was a luxury -- so understand the generational thing... but what this item does is pretty awesome.

Dave C.
Courvo's "Voice Acting in Vegas" Blog: http://www.CourVO.biz
on your phone at courvo.mobi
"I'm not a news anchor, but I play one on TV."
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Handheld 44,100Hz, 16-bit, Stereo Reply with quote

COURVO wrote:
Now, granted, it's got a lousy mic, but conceivably, I could record a demo on the spot and e-mail it within minutes.

Post one....lets hear it....you may be on to something. Does it have a mic input jack (1/8 mini plug)?

I used to call my voicemail with melody ideas for songs back in the day before the flash drive, which is in everything these days.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: