VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection plans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Here's your vacation this year. Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the plan.

You come up here to Vancouver. We'll have some flapjacks & Tim Horton's coffee, then hit the road.

Visit:

Charlie Channel just down by San Francisco.

Keep going to New Mexico, where Schaer will give us a Las Vegas welcome.

What's a road trip without 'tumbling' through Witchita Falls, Tx., where Andy has rented a big, blow-up pool to cool us off.

Just down the road...in Georgia, Bill is there with ice cream...and In Laws.

Nice to meet the folks, but we have to get to Tallahassee, Florida because Bbeen is taking us out for dinner!

Kindly Fran F has invited us to stay the night on his ranch in Utah. Whew!

By next morning, we're geting grumpy and arguing about whether to see Kgenus in lovely Washington, or have famous Buffalo wings with Audio'connel in Buffalo, NY., and I gotta pee.

We somehow do both, then swing by Tanglewood, Ma. and drag Mary out of her studio.

Deirdre over in Maine (?) gets jealous and calls our cell phone, insisting that we pick her up.

But all turns out well, as we fly off to Queensland, Australia to float in Debbie's pool.

What do we do next week?
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis-- I've gotta ask ya--

What's so hard about imagining Maine?

heh heh heh.

South Berwick is about 12 miles inland form Portsmouth, NH.

Come see me in the winter, when the snow is thick. I've got the best sliding hill in the back of my house.

We have music festivals in the back yard in the summer and bonfires with the all neighbors.
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing! I just didn't know if Maine would be "over" from Tanglewood Ma. Or if it would be up..or down...and I'm too lazy to go to Mapquest to find out. That's why I have to come visit you, you see. So you can educate me in the fascinating part of your world (which I would actually LOVE to see).

Music festivals in the Backyard? You rock!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a heck of a trip...

Well have to do Maine and Utah in the winter to get some skiing done in my backyard (We just had another 32 inches in the past two days, and more than seven feet - total - still on the back porch), and slidin' hills in DB's backyard too... the BBQ is ready for summer however...

Oh, and there is Houston, TX for Dave DeHart... so we have a lot of ground to cover...

Frank F
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowee! Dumb me!

Not to say this as it may come across, but I'm camping out of town for the next 3 days, just 4 hours outside of Van., and I have to pick up some strong suntan lotion. The sunshine & temps have been mid-summer like! (28 Celcius if you want to do the math). We had about 2 days of snow this past winter, which ended long ago. I'm just blown away that some are still dealing with that - although with total sympathy, as I lived in Winnipeg for 7 years (just above N. Dakota). Don't get me wrong, winter can be fun, but I've forgotten how long the winter lasts, especialy East.

Okee dokee, so I guess I'll bring touques for everyone!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya' know, I almost forgot one of my favorite people - Connie T. of sunny San Diego, California. We can't miss out on the sunshine connection can we... ?

Someone call her and find out if she is "in"...

Frank F
Elaine Singer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, don't forget me in Toronto (well, actually I'm in Winnipeg for a couple of days but will be back in TO on Monday). Just a hop skip and a jump from Buffalo Niagara!

Elaine

http://www.soundsgreat.ca
Code:
kitstern
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, and you can make a detour on the way down the coast to beautiful Corvallis, OR home of Oregon State University! Our summers are perfect, not too hot and low humidity, we're 45 minutes from the coast and 1.5 hours from the mountains, and there are lots of hiking and biking trails surrounding the town.

http://www.kitziestern.com/
AmysVoice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Connection plans? Reply with quote

What do we do next week?[/quote]

Don't unpack yet! How 'bout a quick hop, skip and a jump down to Petersburg, VA to visit with Amy and Dave? >^_^<
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank F wrote:
Ya' know, I almost forgot one of my favorite people - Connie T. of sunny San Diego, California. We can't miss out on the sunshine connection can we... ?

Someone call her and find out if she is "in"...

Frank F

I'm in! Late night last night - opening night last night for "45 Seconds from Broadway" at a little theater in La Mesa CA - I'm playing Arleen.

Speaking of getting together - if anyone is planning on attending MCA-I Pro Track in Las Vegas (that's the other Las Vegas) June 8-9 - be sure to let me know. I'll be there from the 6th to the 11th.

www.mca-i.org
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a real vacation then you should come and visit my humble apartment in the not-so-humble grand city of Tokyo. Possible the greatest metropolis of them all. We have the best food, the best transportation, the best gadgets, the best studios :lol: ..hell, we have everything.

Have your very own 'Lost in Translation' experience. What a great way to finish this grand tour!

Maiku.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
billelder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike!

What a generous offer. It's not even BYOM! (Bring Your Own Mic)
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just returned from a weekend in VA attending the graduation of my daughter, Leslie, from UVA. Gawd! Do college and university students drink, when they ain't smokin'!

But, outside of my daughter getting her diploma, and me be satiated on the alcohol front, the highlight of the trip was meeting Kevin and his wife and having a great lunch.

Thanks Kevin, it was truly a blessing. Great vibes. And, thanks to good directions, I actually made my flight back to the S.F. Bay Area. When you're in the S.F. Bay Area, I'm committed to get you to Yoshi's (world class Jazz venue and Japanese restaurant) for some fantastic food and music.

And, also, thanks to DBC for having this facility that enables us to connect in real time, rather than the virtual world. And, to whomever suggested we do this.

CC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to figure out what they were feeding people these days on long flights. Last time I flew out to Idaho, by way of Jackson Hole, they had sandwiches and sodas, that was it. I thought it'd be cool if he left on a full stomach and since I'm soooooo close to the airport, it's almost like an inflight meal.

Charlie, it's rare when you have people come into your life that truly feel like family, thanks for becoming a part of ours. Rohini and I will most certainly take you up on that offer and maybe we can convince a couple others to join us!

I agree, whomever thought about starting this thread is certainly a true genius!
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank (thanks for the mention) and friends...

Just when I finally get too much on my plate to stop in and play for a few days...you guys go and arrange a major party. Kwel!

Houston, the nation's 4th largest city, continues to lead the way in humidity, traffic, mosquitos and creative accounting BUT never fear... we've mastered the art of cold beer and mouth watering bar-b-que that'll make you wanna slap yo mama!

Come on down anytime. :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: