VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connection plans?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O'Neill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Connection plans? Reply with quote

At the risk of setting up a police investigation (for which deebs would be hauled in, but that's ok, becasue she's way down in TX?) would anybody be interested in setting up a 'network' for those of us that may be planning travel - IF we were to pass through each other's area - COULD we grab a drink, "thanks, be on your way" 1 hr. min., kinda setup?

Personally I have 3 months of paid summer coming up, and would LOVE to make a deal (1 hour min. - unless we dig each other) in which we say 'hi' and you point me into the 'not bad side of Boston' - (unless you hate my posts....hmmm.....wait a minute here...)

Could you involve yourself (without accomodation, though helping the other out as to where to go, NOT promising an entire "I'll hang with you and can you introduce me to.." scenario? THAT would be rude folks.)

I've done this before (once) and it was very cool. He & She from NYC, me from Vancouver. We ended up drinking wine on the beach in a most excellent trip for them. Then we all got busted, and cavity searched, and laughed....(just kidding...about some of it).

But really. What better an excuse to go somewhere, than to know 'someone' who can at least share a moment of time.

I'll start. I'm from Vancouver. Come to Canada! We're not all polite (nor stupid!) Thinking of coming to the Pacific Northwest? DO it!
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas?!

Good Lord, Man.

I'm In Maine, just an hour and some north of Boston.
BBeen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea. I don't do a lot of travelling, but would welcome the opportunity to be hospitable to anyone coming through my area. Would also be a great way to swap stories and maybe get some great advice. I live in sunny Florida, very pretty here all year round.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am game. Would enjoy speaking with any of the "gang". Out here in the wilds of Utah the summers are grand - and here in Park City it is a bit cooler than down in the valley of Salt Lake City.

Frank F
billelder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I bring my 12 kids and inlaws?

Laugh
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too-- I live in the lovely foothills of the Berkshires. Tanglewood anyone?

I had been thinking that a network of people who would be willing to let traveling VOs use their studios would be nice too. Mine is now much nicer than it was a week ago and I'm no longer ashamed of it! Any vo-bb traveler is welcome to use it if a gig comes up during their Berkshires vacation.

Thanks Den, for another good idea!

MCO'M
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bill, ya' gotta leave the inlaws at home....

Frank F
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why go to all those beautifully amazing areas when you can avoid personal safety and take a high risk pass through the nations capital? Let's see what DC has to offer you (and Bill's Inlaws):

A working mass transit system! Yes, the last crash was only three months ago and the breaks no longer have cracks. 12 new vehicles have recently been added.

Crime? What crime? The snipers were caught so it's safe driving, you probably won't get shot when come to a stop sign. However, the serial arsenist, whom at 43+ fires is still loose and Bush is still in office....

We've got winning teams now! If you like hockey, the Capitals haven't lost a game in the last six months (lol!), the Wizards are having their best season I've been around to see, we've got a new baseball team and if the Redskins actually get through the draft it could be high times and mass hysteria!

Like Museums? Get lost at the Smithsonian and emerge at the end of your vacation! I actually live 25 miles outside of DC, they just built the new Air and Space museum near the house and I've been looking for an excuse to pay $12 for parking.

I "may" even throw in a stop at my favorite Peruvian restaurant for Lomo Soltado.

Kevin
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. But, for the life of me, I can't think of one reason why you, or anyone, would make Wichita Falls, Texas a destination. Lonesome Dove, Author, Larry McMurtry calls it home. But if you've ever met him, you'd find he's well suited for this venue.

As for Vancouver, expect me tomorrow, around seven. I prefer Canadian Club with a good sour mix. But I'll drink the well brand, too. :lol:
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like I'll be here all summer. So, come on by - we'll shoot the breeze, ride horses (or just pet 'em if that feels safer to you) and record a track or two.... I am in beautiful Las Vegas, New Mexico, no gambling here but fresh clean air and a great view of the mountains.

Best,

Bernard

P.S. Bill, inlaws are ok...we've got twenty acres and a couple of empty stalls..... Wink
BBeen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not Andy, I would have had a reason to go to Wichita Falls, my brother used to live there and one of the girls in my acting class is from there. Not so hole in the wall anymore. And just to sweeten the pot for anyone travelling to Florida, I live within 1 mile of at least 4 very prestigious fast food restaurants, and I think you can buy beer on Sundays at the convienence store. Smile
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the Baptists can buy brew here on Sunday's, too, Bud. They generally have a twelve pack under each arm and a wicked case amnesia when I run into 'em . It's funny how they remember who I am the rest of the week.

Still, it's windy, flat, brown, and dry. And I have had to brake for tumbleweeds as big as VW's.
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an empty bedroom if anybody's in S.F. Bay Area. Call and come. And, yea, I like Vancouver.

C
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: I won't have to worry about a stampede to my door.... Reply with quote

Buffalo Niagara will surprise and delight you with outstanding theater, a world-class symphony, authentic American heritage sites, extraordinary architecture, non-stop nightlife, an historic zoo, one of the world's top collections of modern art, charming restaurants, great shopping, major league sports and an exciting array of family attractions. All this and the wonder of Niagara Falls!

Of course, the local CVB HAS to say that. At any rate, I'm open for a lunch or breakfast meeting with any board travelers who pass through the nickel city.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: you're welcome here Reply with quote

This sounds like such a fantastic idea!

If anyone is ever over in Australia (I can't think for the life of me why you would be, but ....) I live 50km north of Townsville and around about 380km south of Cairns (which has the International Airport) in Queensland (the BEST state of Oz).

If you don't mind sleeping in what we call the "Donga" (which has airconditioning, a double-bed, couch, tv and voice-over studio), swimming in the pool, watching our native birds come in to take a dip in the pool, drinking wine or beer, listening to good music, crabbing for muddies in the creek next to us and doing a bit of fishing - you're more than welcome.

The only drawback - you aren't allowed to complain about the sandflies or mosquitos. :wink: It's the sacrifice we have to make to live in our piece of paradise. hehe

Really, you are all welcome anytime and you are welcome to bring family. We have two spare bedrooms in the house as well, fans only, no aircon. Then there's plenty of outside space to pitch a tent if there are too many to fit in the rooms! In-Laws, hmmmm, i'd really have to think about that one. :P

So, don't be shy if you're ever over this way.

Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: