VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everything VO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Everything VO Reply with quote

anyone ever been to www.everythingvo.com ? Does anyone have opinions good or bad or their services? especially home studio and web site design?

Glenn
billelder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I get is a page that wants me to load Flash 8. I guess I'm not be up to date on the latest browser "bell" or "whistle". They also don't have any alternative site or contact information. If I'm a potential client that means I'm out of luck. At minimum it should have a "skip intro" link.
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news, Bill. It's not the intro, the entire site is in Flash...
VO-BB Member #59
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, is about all I can say...

What is it specifically you are looking for?

The Web Design is nice, however since there is no mention of fees - the cavaet of: "...if you have to ask the price, you cant afford it", comes to mind.

The same goes for the Home Studio Design... clients like Dr. Phil and Pat O'Brien have the bucks to pay the fees, do you?

The best part of the site is the "VORG" or "Voice Over Resource Guide". This is information all should compile for themselves, but when it is available online... go for it.

If you wish to design a Home Studio, take a look at the archives here on the VO-BB, study the pictures and 'own-your-own' space. If you are looking to put in ISDN lines and equipment, there are a multitude of resources to help with that for little or no fees. (And, soon you can use iSpeek for two-way, real-time studio-quality audio over the internet... check it out at www.ispeek.org "...it sounds this good...").

Web Design is a matter of personal choice, and there are a number of talented folks here on the VO-BB who can also help you with your needs with that category as well. Or, you may find a local company or person who might help. Study what is being created by others by doing a search on VO Talent on the internet, then think about what you want on your site. Do you want demos? Do you want a description of your studio and pictures, are you going to accept credit cards for payment, using PayPal or other payment gateway? These are just a few of the questions you will need to answer prior to taking the step into the world of Internet VO Marketing and site creation.

I think www.everythingvo.com is a nice site and has some interesting ideas about what they want to do. The main question you have to ask yourself - even before the others listed above, is: "What do YOU want to do in the world of Voice-Over?"

Good luck,

Frank F
Micazon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: about the site Reply with quote

This site belongs to Dave Sebastian who is well known in So. Cal. as a producer and a voice talent. He's listed in the Voice Over Resource Guide (VORG) which I believe he publishes. The old site url was www.ddicompanies.com. I tried it as I recognized the other link and it's not working at all right now. Seems they forgot to redirect or re-up the original web page. Oh, well, another favorite on I/E bites the dust.

I contacted them once to find out their pricing on a sound booth. Never heard back from them. I have ordered books from them and they did ok with them, but as I recall, it took longer than I thought it should.
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the questions Frank. I hope my post didnt sound like I was a newcomer looking for advice. I guess it did. I already do VO (part time right now) and I already have a web site. (see previous post on demos page). I was just wondering what folks thought of their work. If anyone ever had any experience with them because I had just stumbled upon their site a few days earlier.

But I do appreciate your friendly advice.....that shows youre a great guy that is willing to help people and I think that says alot. Thanks!

Glenn Moore
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

I knew you already did VO. And DARN good VO, too!

What I was trying to do was to let others including "noobees" know a bit more about the resources on the VO-BB.

There are so many ways in which we can express ourselves, I hope I didn't come off as if I were condescending to you because of a lack of knowledge. Or, that I was in any way superior to you and your talents.

My attempt (although rather inept) was to say "hey, focus on what YOU are doing rather than on what others have done...".

I guess I blew it, sorry.

Take care..

Frank F
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o my bad Frank. Sorry didnt mean to misunderstand you but I tend to do that alot. Thanks again for your kind words. And yes your advice for those just breaking into the biz is right on. Even for those stuck in the middle like myself. I just actually ordered the MJ Lallo DVD on Marketing yourself in VO from the everythingvo.com site. I'll let folks know if i think it is worth it when I get done viewing it.

Glenn
Doc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay - I just had a look at this site. While some of the resources seem, well, resourceful, I ran into 2 security issues concerning validation. And, I also encountered a gamer's hack when I clicked on one of the links there.

There's work to be done on this site. It's quite obvious. No slam to the owners of the site, except to say this site shouldn't be online with these types of errors.

I'll wait for them to repair. I CERTAINLY wouldn't offer my CC # at this site. That's for sure.

Okay, I'm off to run my spyware program.

Undecided
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya..noticed that too. My firewall threw up a couple of warnings at me. So, I clicked out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... you're missing out.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to know about this site-- It's something I can tell my students about!
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to order from the website but it wasnt working right so I called them and ordered over the phone. Told them about some of the problems ordering on their site and they were surprised and said they would check into it. But if youre seeing a gamer's hack then that is worth being very careful about. I'll keep an eye on my credit card acct. Thanks!

But I did get the seminar last night and started watching some of it. Hey DB. You wouldn't have happened to be in that MJ Lallo seminar that is now on DVD would you? I swear there is a woman on there that looks like you. If not it's your long lost twin.

Glenn Moore
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn Moore wrote:
Hey DB. You wouldn't have happened to be in that MJ Lallo seminar that is now on DVD would you? I swear there is a woman on there that looks like you. If not it's your long lost twin.

I look like every Redhead you've ever met in your life.
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, you're looking like ya could kick my ass... Laugh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: