VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Little Tech Help Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronphi
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: A Little Tech Help Please Reply with quote

I took a little time off from auditions to get rid of my frustrations over not being hired for anything. I'm now ready to start again. I am not able to get any audio into my Sound Forge Audio Studio.

I am using an Alesis USB mixer, on a Windows Vista platform. This worked perfectly for several months so I know the drivers work with Vista.

Vista recognizes the mixer. I can see it in my device manager. Also the sound settings show the mixer as active and set as the default device. I get the VU lights on the mixer so I know audio is going to the mixer. I ran a microphone setup with the speech recognition application and get audio there so I know audio is getting into the computer. Still no VU in Audio Studio.

I opened Adobe Audition on the Vista box and have the same problem. Not getting any VU readings.

I moved the mixer to my older WinXP box and I get VU deflection in Audio Studio there.

I'm sure there is some Vista setting that I am overlooking but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Editing to add more info - I can actually record the audio. I am just not getting an input VU deflection in either Sound Forge or Audition.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urging for investment in the radio in the 1920s.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Since you ARE recording, just not seeing the meters moving, make sure the "monitor" check box is ticked when you're looking at the record dialog box.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ronphi
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved.

Bob you da man. I knew it would be something simple.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urging for investment in the radio in the 1920s.
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

You're very welcome. Smile
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: